Course Title: BOSIET (DPR)
Course Duration: 3 Day (s)
BOSIET – Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training
The aim of BOSIET is to introduce delegates to the specific issues and regimes relevant to offshore installations, and to equip them with the basic emergency response knowlegde and skills for travelling to and from offshore installations by helicopter.
The objectives of the BOSIET are that delegates will be able to:
- Identify the generic hazards which are specific to offshore oil and gas installations, potential risks associated with those hazards, and how controls are put in place to eliminate or reduce risks.
- Identify key offshore related safety regulations and explain the basic safety management concepts.
- Demonstrate that they can use the safety equipment, and follow procedures in preparing for, and during helicopter emergencies with particular focus on escaping from a helicopter following ditching.
- Demonstrate sea survival and first aid techniques.
- Demonstrate that they can effectively use basic firefighting equipment, and practice self-rescue techniques in low visibility situations, to include smoke filled areas.
The BOSIET training program is designed for personnel new to the offshore oil and gas industry.
Delegate Pre-requisites: No pre-requisites required