ADVANCED FIRE FIGHTING (MARITIME)
Course Title: ADVANCED FIRE FIGHTING
Course Duration: 5 Day (s)
Next Available Class:No Scheduled Classes Yet
Advanced Fire Fighting
The advanced course is designed for those designated to control firefighting operations onboard with particular attention paid to organisation, tactics and command. The course will involve both practical and theory training.
Officers onboard marine vessel
Members of ERT on O&G installation
Delegate Pre-requisites: Candidates must be fit and able to complete all aspects of training. This course is physically demanding and candidates will be required to complete a medical declaration prior to course commencement besides being in possession of a current offshore medical certificate.
SCOPE AND OBJECTIVES OF TRAINING
This course is part of the training for deck and engineering officers who wish to qualify for a Certificate of Competency and crew who are designated to control fire fighting operations in accordance with section A-VI/3 of the STCW 2010 Code.
It covers fire fighting procedures at sea and in port with particular emphasis on organisation, tactics and effective command including liaison with shore-based firefighters. It also covers topics such as ventilation control, hazards involving dangerous goods and the effects of fire fighting water on ship stability.
On meeting the minimum standard of competence in advance fire fighting, a trainee will be competent to take command, organize and train fire parties and control fire fighting operations.
MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Participants must demonstrate ability to read and write English
- Applicant must be an Officer Deck/Engine on Board
- Possession of Valid STCW “2010” Basic Mandatory Courses certificate. (Specifically Basic Fire Fighting certificate).
- NIMASA Medical Certificate of Fitness
- Participants are required to submit a valid form of identification. The following are acceptable forms of identification accepted.
- National Identification Card
- Previous STCW 95 Certificate (with embedded photograph
- International Passport
- Nigerian Armed Forces identification card
- Photo Identification card issued in Nigeria by the Federal State, or Local Government, Ministries
- Departments and Agencies
- Drivers License with photo of the driver issued by FRSC
- Control Fire Fighting Operations aboard ships
- Organize and train fire parties
- Inspect and service Fire-Detection and Fire Extinguishing Systems and Equipment
- Investigate and compile reports on incidents involving fire
Successful candidates will be issued a certificate of Proficiency in Advanced Fire in accordance with Regulation VI/3 and Code Section A-VI/3, Table A-VI/3 of the STCW as amended in 2010.
100% class attendance and full participation in all practical exercises is required for the issuance of certificate.